How to apply for an Occupational Driver’s License

Most people arrested for DWI in Texas will have to deal with the possibility of their driver’s license being suspended.  All is not lost.  If your driver’s license is suspended you may still be allowed to drive if you get an occupational drivers license (ODL).  To get an ODL you need to file an application with the County Clerk’s Office and go to court to get a judge to sign an order granting your request for an ODL.  Other requirements include obtaining SR-22 Insurance and probably the installation of an ignition interlock device.  In Galveston County, the County Clerk provides a Form for the petition and order along with instructions.   ODL Application and Order

For a more detailed discussion of the process and Texas law related to Occupational Driver’s Licenses see the following article by Texas Law Help. Texas Law Help-Occupational Drivers License

Please call if I can be of further assistance.  (409) 938-1000